Next steps are a high priority at CP Riverside School.
We seek to ensure that every student that graduates with us in Year 11 has a meaningful and sustainable Post-16 destination to move on to. This means something different to each one of our unique students, it may include an appropriate college course, apprenticeship or employment with training.
In order to help each of our students to arrive at their intended destination we support in a number of ways:
- Students are taught key skills through employability lessons which help them to understand career paths, the jobs market and the world of work.
- Next steps sessions are run on a termly basis to prompt thought, discussion and research about students’ futures
- Encourage work experience to give students an insight into work and careers
- Each student has a dedicated mentor who focuses on supporting them with searching, applying and interviewing.
- An expert careers advisor is in school regularly to offer impartial and independent careers advice on a 1-2-1 basis
- We help parents to understand how best to support their child and how to navigate the challenges and decisions relating to next steps
- Students can attend college open days, taster sessions and interviews with mentors
Our doors are always open – we encourage students to come back into school whenever they need support or simply want to share their success stories.